Carbon Fiber, Fiberglass Mould Making & Manufacturing

Precision Master Patterns

We thrive on our quality workmanship, best lead times and affordable rates.

Our highly skilled master-mould-making-team has years of experience behind them, providing high quality and precision moulds.

Heavy duty Fiberglass production mould is produced from the master pattern, this enables us to manufacture high quality parts and products. As the master pattern is a true reflection of the final parts, special care is taken to ensure that only the best parts are the key element for our clients.

We also consider the design, it can sometimes be more commercially viable to produce a traditional pattern and with the skills we have, still be extremely accurate and a quick turnaround. All our clients are advised on the best methods for their needs. Depending on the size, dimensions and shape do we make use of 3D printing or traditional methods to produce patterns.

3D Unique also works hand in hand with one of the best sculptures in South Africa for custom art pieces.

Wide variety of materials

We specialise in materials such as Fiberglass, Carbon fiber, Kevlar and a range of multi formulas.

Production

All our production parts are done in-house, our capabilities includes production runs from small, medium to large quantities. This will also be determined by the size and complexity of the clients requirements.

Industries benefiting from our skills and expertise: Aerospace, Automotive, Boat or Yacht industry, Civil Engineering, Sports goods, Advertising and promotional etc.

 Contact us for a quotation or more information

Good to know facts of carbon fiber, kevlar and fiberglass

What is lighter carbon fiber or fiberglass?

Weight. Carbon fiber is lighter and stiffer than fiberglass. The nature of a carbon fiber is very light, rigid, and strong. This is why most weight-critical performance products are being manufactured with carbon fiber.

Is Fiberglass strong?

To be used in fiberglass, glass fibers have to be made with very low levels of defects. Fiberglass is a strong lightweight material and is used for many products. Although it is not as strong and stiff as composites based on carbon fiber, it is less brittle, and its raw materials are much cheaper.

How strong is carbon fiber compared to steel?

As a comparison, steel has a tensile modulus of about 29 million psi (200 million kPa). Thus, the strongest carbon fibers are ten times stronger than steel and eight times that of aluminum, not to mention much lighter than both materials, 5 and 1.5 times, respectively.

What is the carbon fiber?

About 90% of the carbon fibers produced are made from polyacrylonitrile (PAN). The remaining 10% are made from rayon or petroleum pitch. All of these materials are organic polymers, characterized by long strings of molecules bound together by carbon atoms.

Is carbon fiber and fiberglass the same thing?

They are similar in construction as both use a fabric of thin fibers impregnated with a polyester or epoxy matrix, but for fiberglass the fabric is made of glass and for carbon fiber the fabric is carbon. Carbon fiber is stronger than glass but also more expensive.

Is carbon kevlar stronger than carbon fiber?

Fiberglass, Kevlar, and carbon fiber have all got approximatley the same strength and are stronger than aluminum or steel. Carbon fiber is far stiffer than aluminum, steel, fiberglass, and Kevlar. This makes carbon fiber ideal for making a strong, light, stiff structure and is why we use it.

Why is carbon fiber so good?

When combined with resin to form a composite, it produces parts that are extremely light and rigid. Carbon parts are lighter and stronger than their metal counterparts. For that reason, carbon fiber is being used extensively in the race car industry.