3D-Scanning is when we convert a physical part, model or object into a digital format. This enables you to recreate the object or to make changes on a current object. We provide affordable options.
- Reverse engineering
- Content creation
- Rapid prototyping/concept modelling
- Quality control
Professional 3D Scanning & Reverse Engineering: 3D digital data of a physical object.
Reverse engineering, also called “back engineering” is the processes of extracting knowledge or design information from almost any object, part or model. The process often involves 3D scanning as many objects or parts cannot be recreated due to complex geometries that can’t be measured or recreated in any other way. As computer-aided design (CAD) has become more popular, reverse engineering has become a viable method to create a 3D virtual model of an existing physical part for use in 3D CAD, CAM, CAE or other software. The reverse-engineering process involves measuring an object and then reconstructing it as a 3D model.
How fine can we scan? So much so that we can capture your fingerprints, as per image below: Done with David SLS Professional scanner. The perfect scans for fine, highly detailed reverse engineering. When accuracy counts.
Our 3D scanning service allows us to capture detail of parts, with the use of our high end equipment from where we can convert physical objects into precise digital models quickly and accurately. This process allows us to convert physical objects into a digital models.
Benefits of 3D Scanning for Reverse Engineering
- Accurately captures all the digital data of a physical part or object
- Accurate and quick
- Ensures accurate fitment of parts
- Recreation of objects or parts with complex geometries
- Utilize modern manufacturing on parts that were originally manufactured before CAD
- Quality control
Large format scanning: We also do onsite scanning services on large objects with precision scanning
Other services (reverse engineering)
- 3D scanning & regenerating of exotic collectable cars to small scaled models. It has become a real trend for exotic car owners to scan and remanufacture their pride and joy into smaller scaled versions as an exact mini replica.
- Heritage preservation: Capturing of data of priceless ornaments and collectables such as historical archaeological pieces in museums like fossils. Not everything is timeless, any valuable piece or ornament does stand the chance to be destroyed in a fire or accident. Many museums and collectors around the world has adapted to 3D scanning. Saving the image 3D data of priceless and unreplaceable items in a digital format. Capturing the dimension data and saving the digital images for generations to come.
- Reverse engineer artefacts for further studies without damaging the original.
- Remaking of objects that are no longer available
- 3D scans of people such as political figures, famous sportsmen and even family members into exact replicas.
For more information on our 3D Scanning & Reverse Engineering Services, click here to contact us